Monday, June 15, 2015

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict, Laurie Viera Rigler, 3 Stars



Reviewed June 2013
 
I read Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict, which is Part 2 in the series, first. I truly enjoyed that book. The flow and storyline were entertaining...

Now that I've read Part 1, I must admit to having enjoyed the other book more. I think the author, Laurie Viera Rigler, embraced the humorous aspects of Rude Awakeneings much more - the confusion in language, expectations, clothing, behavior were all better in the Part 2. Perhaps this is to be expected since the concept, characters, and storyline had already been developed.

The best part of the book was when Courtney/Jane meets Jane Austen while shopping. Courtney/Jane encourages Jane Austen to make her hero's more handsome, manly, those who would be more appealing in film adaptations. Ms. Austen had a nice response to this request.

I would strongly encourage Austen fans to read both books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Share your thoughts, but please remember Authors are humans too, so comments must be courteous!